Last Modified: January 29th, 2020
Appatomic Ltd (hereinafter “we”, “us” or “our”) operates the website www.vpnhub.com (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) and other applications such as the free and paid version of VPNhub, including the mobile and desktop applications of VPNhub (hereinafter “Services”) and is the controller of the information collected or provided via the Services and Website.
- on the Services and Website,
- in e-mail or other communications between you and the Services and Website,
- through the desktop and mobile applications of VPNhub you download from the Website, Google Play, or Apple App Store, or
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Services or Website. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third- party websites and we are not responsible for their privacy statements, information or other practices.
2. Warrant Canary
As of , we have not received any National Security Letters or FISA court orders, and we have not been subject to any gag order(s) by a FISA court, or any other similar court(s) of any government. We have never placed any backdoors in our hardware or software and have not received any requests to do so. No searches or seizures of any kind have ever been performed on our assets.
3. Information We Collect and How is your Personal Information Collected.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified by (“Personal Information”). You do not have to give Appatomic any Personal Information to browse our Website or use our Services.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions.
- Automatic data collection technologies or interactions.
Personal Information provided by users through Direct Interactions
Through Direct Interactions we may collect, use, store and transfer the following information that users choose to provide to us:
- Account Information. E-mail/username and password if you create VPNHub Premium account. No email is required to create a free version of VPNhub account. We will never require you to register or provide us any contact information to download or use our products.
- Contact data. Email address and additional Personal Information you may provide us if you contact us.
- Marketing and Communications Data. Your communication preferences and preferences in receiving marketing from us, our third parties affiliates or partners.
Personal Information automatically collected from users through Automatic Data Collection Technologies or Interactions
We and our third party service providers may automatically collect, use, store and transfer the following information about you or your device as follows:
- When VPNHub app is launched, but before you connect to the VPN, we and our third party service providers collect device-specific information such as unique mobile ID, operating system and platform, browser type and version, network information and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website or the Services.
- When you connect to the VPNhub VPN, we collect your internet protocol (IP) address, which we pseudonymize, immediately encrypt it and store it only for the duration of your VPN session. Your IP address is deleted after you disconnect from the VPN without storing or logging it. We do not associate your IP address with your online activities and we do not store or log your IP address with your online activities.
- Usage Data includes non-personally identifiable aggregated information about how you use our Services and Website. We do not attribute any specific website visits or app usage to any specific user. We do not keep logs of your online activities and will never associate any domains, websites or applications that you use with you, your device or your email.
- Transaction Data in case of purchases, it may include details about payments to and from you and details of products and services you have purchased or received from us.
- Aggregated Data. We may also collect, use and share your data to produce and share aggregated data that do not identify you and therefore not considered as Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Services feature, to generate statistics about our users or to calculate ad impressions clicked on.
Information Collected through Automatic Data Collection Technologies and Cookies when you visit the Website
- As you navigate through the Website, we and our third party service providers use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, including information such as your device information (including device and application IDs), unique mobile ID, advertising ID, operating system and platform, browser type and version, internet service providers, mobile network names and cookie information. Such information is used only used to improve the Website, provide troubleshoot and perform analytics.
- We also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (“interest-based advertising”). See “Choices About How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Personal Information” below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
- Disabling Cookies. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, be notified when you receive a new cookie, or to disable cookies. Website visitors who disable their browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Website but certain Website features will not function.
4. Third Party Advertising
On our free version of the VPNhub users may see some generic ads that our advertising partners place such as MoPub (with Twitter as its parent organization). On our paid version VPNhub Premium, no ads will ever be served and no information will be collected by our third party advertising partners.
Please be advised that the placement of ads by Traxnet in the Services applies only for users located in Iran.
We do not track user activities outside of our Services, nor do we track the browsing activities of users who are logged into our VPNhub service. We do not share your IP address, browsing history, or any other information you choose to provide, with advertisers. We may share your general (city level) location. Advertisers may be able to collect certain information independently from you or your device when serving ads from our Services, including your device’s advertising ID, IMEI, MAC address, and wireless carrier. Advertisers may be able to access your lP address if your device is not connected to the VPNhub VPN. For more information regarding your device’s advertising ID and its options, please visit https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3405269 for Android or https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074 for iOS.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Personal Information”.
We will only use your Personal Information when applicable local law allows us to. We may process your Personal Information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using it. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Information other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or other communication method. We do not sell or rent Personal Information to others, we do not log your browsing data and we delete your IP address when you disconnect from VPNhub’s VPN.
In general, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us through our Services and Website, including Personal Information, to create new accounts (VPNhub Premium), identify and communicate with current subscribers, offer troubleshooting, customer support and notices to registered users about their accounts, including expiration and renewal notices, notices about changes to our Services, Website, changes to the our Terms and Conditions and policies or any products or services we offer or provide through them. We may also use Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To verify your identity when you login to the Services;
- To administer, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provision of services: to present our Services and their contents to you, including any interactive features on the Services, and to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- Customization of content: to perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our Services and Website content, products, or services, in order to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Website and other sites;
- Advertising: To communicate with you and send you promotional information that may interest you about products, services, and offers made available by us, our affiliates or our marketing partners if you have consented to receive such information from us (For more information, see “Choices About How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Personal Information”); and
- To analyze usage and trends on our Services and to better understand how users use the Services.
- Business purposes such as audits.
- Functionality and security: to diagnose or fix technology problems, and detect, prevent, and respond to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement;
- Compliance: to enforce our terms and conditions and to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Service Providers. With third party service providers who provide services on our behalf such as processing payments (Probiller, Google Play and Apple App Store). Our service providers receive only the information necessary to perform their designated functions, and are not permitted to use or disclose this information or your Personal Information for their own marketing or other purposes;
Provider Service About Probiller Payment Processor Learn more Google Play Payment Processor Learn more Apple App Store Payment Processor Learn more
- Aggregate, Anonymous or De-Identified Information. Sharing aggregate or non- personally identifiable information with non-affiliated third parties for advertising, marketing or research purposes. We do not share your personal information with any third parties for their own marketing, advertising or research purposes.
7. Security Measures We Have In Place
We use appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) that are consistent with industry standards to protect your Personal Information we collect and maintain about you from loss, theft, misuse or unauthorized access or disclosure or destruction such as encryption, access controls, passwords or technical or physical security measures and safeguards. All employees and service providers are up-to- date on our security and privacy practices. Access to user Personal Information is restricted to those who need to know such information to perform their job functions.
Despite our efforts, no data security methods guarantee 100% protection. We do not promise and cannot guarantee that your Personal Information can never be viewed and/or used by others. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. We are not responsible for circumventions of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
8. Disclosure of your Personal Information
We do not disclose your Personal Information except in the limited circumstances described here:
- Members of corporate group. To members of our corporate group (that is, entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us) who operate services that help us with: customer management, customization of content, advertising, analytics, verifications, functionality and security, and compliance.
- Service providers. To our authorized service providers that perform services on our behalf such as payment processing who may have access to Personal Information necessary to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for other purposes.
We do not require you to provide us with any contact information in order to download or use our Services, we do not log or store your IP address after you disconnect from the VPN, and we do not keep logs of your online activities. If you use VPNhub Premium, no Personal Information is shared with third party advertisers.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual. We may share aggregated information with third parties for conducting general business analysis. This information does not contain any Personal Information and may be used to develop content and services that we hope our users will find of interest.
9. International Users And Transfers of Your Personal Information to Other Countries
By using the Services you consent to the transfer of information that we collect about you, including Personal Information, to any country, including the United States, in which we, members of our corporate group (as defined above) or our service providers are located.
10. Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. The retention period that is necessary for compliance and legal enforcement purposes varies and depends on the nature of our legal obligations and claims in the individual case.
11. Choices about How we Collect, Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain Personal Information, but that may result in you being unable to use our Services or certain features of them because such information may be required in order to register as a member (email is required to create a VPNhub Premium account); purchase products or services; contact us (email is required when contacting customer support); or initiate other transactions on our Services.
- You may opt out of Firebase cookie or Google Analytics by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Opt-Out from Third-Party Pixels:
Source Listing About Opt-Out staticxx.facebook.com
Learn more Disable Google Analytics ssl- googleanalytics.com Learn more Disable platform.twitter.com
Learn more Disable
- AppsFlyer: You can opt-out from being tracked by AppsFlyer by emailing a request to email@example.com or by completing the ApplsFlyer Opt-Out form.
- MoPub: You may opt-out from MoPub by visiting the MoPub Opt-Out Information Page.
- When you create an account on our Services, you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages, newsletters or both about product updates, improvements, special offers, or containing special distributions of content. If you no longer want to receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us, you will need to avail yourself of the unsubscribe mechanism set out in the applicable communication. It may take up to seven days for us to process an opt-out request. Please note that we may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as administrative notices without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- You may delete your account with us at any time. If you delete your account, your Personal Information and all account-related information will no longer be accessible by you and will not be saved. After deleting your account, if you choose to have an account with us in the future, you will have to sign up for a new account.
12. Your Rights Related to Your Personal Information
Subject to local law, you have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose, including the right:
- to receive information on the Personal Information concerning we hold about you and how such Personal Information is used (right to access);
- to rectify inaccurate Personal Information concerning you (right to data rectification);
- to erase your Personal Information (right to erasure, “right to be forgotten”);
- to receive the Personal Information provided by you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those Personal Information to another data controller (right to data portability);
- to object to the use of your Personal Information where such use is based on our legitimate interests or on public interests (right to object); and
- in some cases, to restrict our use of your Personal Information (right to restriction of processing).
If we ask for your consent to use your Personal Information, you can withdraw your consent at any time. In case of a withdrawal of your consent you may no longer able to use several functionalities of our Services.
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your above rights in accordance with the applicable legal requirements and limitations. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Some requests to delete certain Personal Information will require the deletion of your user account as the provision of user accounts are inextricable linked to the use of certain Personal Information (e.g. e-mail address). It is possible that we require additional information from you in order to verify your authorization to make the request and to honor your request.
13. Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16) and we request that they not provide Personal Information through the Services. If we find out that a child under 16 has provided Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information.
14. Changes to this Policy
15. Enforcement; Cooperation
16. No Rights of Third Parties
17. No Error Free Performance
18. California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
As of January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents (“Consumer(s)”) certain rights with respect to their personal information, as this term is defined under the CCPA. In addition to the rights we state under this policy and subject to the exceptions found under the CCPA, Consumers have the right to:
- Opt-out of the sale of their personal information, should we sell their personal information;
- Be informed of certain information concerning our collection and use of their personal information;
- Request that we delete certain personal information we collected from them;
- Appoint an agent to exercise their rights provided for by the CCPA, provided that a duly executed notarized power of attorney is presented and provided that the agent has information deemed sufficient to allow us to verify the identity of the Consumer in question and to locate his/her information in our systems;
- Not be subjected to discrimination for the exercise of these rights. We will not deny California residents the use of our service, neither will we provide a different level or quality or services for exercising any of their CCPA rights, unless as permitted under the CCPA.
This Service and Website does not sell nor has it sold in the past 12 months personal information to third parties for monetary or other valuable considerations. We may however disclose certain personal information with third parties, service providers and entities within our corporate group in order to enable them to perform certain services on our behalf and namely to make the Service and Website work properly. Regardless, we respect the California residents’ right to exclude personal information from such sharing arrangements and to thereby opt-out of any future sale of their personal information.
19. Contact Information